Every company, within six months of incorporation, is required to have at least one secretary who must be a neutral person and who must have his or her principal or only place of residence in Singapore.
The Secretary is appointed by the directors, and the company’s articles of association will usually provide for the secretary’s terms and conditions of office to be determined by the directors.
The key functions and duties of the company secretary include:
- establishing and maintaining all necessary company registers
- arranging for shareholders’ and directors’ meetings
- lodging and filing of documents with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- acting as liaison with the stock exchange and ensuring compliance with requirements
- arranging for allotment and issue of shares, and handling transfer and transmission of shares
- providing administrative assistance in the preparation and presentation of annual returns
- acting as advisor to directors, other officers and members
With our know-how and experience, we can provide the full scope of company secretarial support to you.
We can also assist in the provision of Nominee Director/Shareholder/Agent to help both local and foreign companies in compliance to the legal requirements.
A Registered Office Address service, where a local office address can be obtained for any correspondence with company including a dedicated phone line and access to meeting rooms can be provided too.
To find out our full scope of company secretarial services, contact us today.